Sidetracking from open hole section using a bore thru whipstock. Both boreholes are cased with guaranteed access to the lateral.
- Stable carbonate rocks where sidetracking without whipstock can be challenging;
- Fishbone-type multilateral wells
Special features of TAML 1 system:
- Open Hole sidetracking with bi- or tri-mill assembly;
- The total amount of trips to deploy the system – 3;
- Wash thru capability during RIH;
- High precision orientation without involving MWD service (remote orienting sub, max 3 deg inaccuracy);
- Big bore thru whipstock design – 3,6’’ for 7’’ csg. Doesn’t require retrieving after milling operations;
- The system is applicable to RIH with inner string (washpipes).